1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me choose...

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by monkeymac, Jan 13, 2002.

1. monkeymac

monkeymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello there.

I need help choosing between these HT speaker systems:

DENON SC-50
    YAMAHA NS-P320

As you can see I'm on a pretty limited budget for a 5.1 system.

Also could you tell me if the Sony HTK-475 complete home theatre system is any good. This could be another option in my search for a budget HTS.

Cheers.

2. monkeymac

monkeymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello? Anyone?

3. monkeymac

monkeymac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well thanks a bloody bunch.

I can't believe more than 30 people viewed my predicament and decided not to help me.

I fart in your general direction. Your mother's were hamsters and your father's stunk of elderberries.

4. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Come on monkeymac... It's a very vague request, and it hasn't even been up for 24 hours yet. Give people a chance.

I've viewed your post before, but what response are you looking for? Are you wanting someone to tell you exactly what to buy? No one can give you that answer but yourself. Do some research of your own into the kit and see which one you prefer yourself. If you have any specific questions about the systems, you'll get a much better response than just asking 'which one should I buy?'.

Have a bit of patience.

5. RC

RC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one is obliged to help you and with the kind of attitude you've demonstrated, the likelihood goes down. Perhaps the 30 people who looked at this page, like me, have no particular knowledge or insight into the equipment you mentioned. :eek:

6. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    94 have now looked at this thread including me several times as the heading is unclear and I can never remember what the question is about.

Unfortunately whilst I would like to be helpful I have never heard of any of the three options so cannot give an opinion.

7. Mitch2000

Mitch2000
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you looked at the Yamaha HTIB40 complete with 5.1/DTS receiver and 5 satelites and subwoofer (NSP220 I think). I was considering the Sony HTK475 as well but I bought the Yamaha on recomendation from a hifi shop and What HiFi (5 Stars).
    I think it sounds pretty good in my living room (17'X13') and may be just the thing for someone on a smaller budget. £379 at hispek.com who delivered one to me next working day.

8. Mark Pitchford

Mark Pitchford

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I've got the NSP-300 and whilst they were cheap they're not too bad as a starter system.

If I had my time again though I would go with some older missions from RS or something like that. Not too much more money and I would bet a whole lot more performanace!! See the mission thread...

That do you?

9. DodgeTheViper

DodgeTheViper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,922
    monkeymac,

I think you need to read these forums a bit closer.

You specifically asked on 2/3 all in one systems. How many people do you think will actually own these systems?

You will get all those views by the sheer nature of your question. As the question was so open that entices people to have a look. They will then not reply with 'i dunno mate' as it is pointless.

These forums are very good and people will give you all the help that they can. As it has been suggested do some research yourself first. This will then help with further questions, and do please be patient.

And most of all DONT BE SO BLOODY ABRUPT !!!

Kevin