Help me choose...

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by virgin31, Apr 5, 2004.

1. virgin31

virgin31

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear people.

I´m having a bit of a problem that maybe you guys could help me with (i'm from Sweden).

Question 1: I've read all about the noise problem with Canon DV-camcorders. But does anyone REALLY know if the corrected it on the 700i/750i? Any personal experiences?

Question 2: I want your opinons about these (only these) cameras and which you think i should buy:

- Canon MV700i/750i
    - Panasonic NV-GS55
    - Sony Sony DCR-HC40

I will use the camera for family filming and a lot of motorsport filming that i will edit in my computer later (which has both Firewire and USB). I do not have any old material that i will have to convert to digital form with the camera and i already have digital camera that i use for picture shooting.

Thanks in advance for your answers?

With best regards
    Tom

2. peachfuzz

peachfuzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Canon 700 series really does pick up an awful lot of motor noise, so it'll probably be fine outdoors but indoors will drive you mad when you watch it back and all you can hear is the motor through the audio. (I returned a Canon 630i due to motor noise and held off buying a new camera until I could try the 700's and found that although improved, it was still unacceptable)
    Don't know about the Panasonic.
    I have the Sony HC40 and think it's great so far.