1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me choose the right motor for this application please?

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by alpina, Jul 25, 2005.

1. alpina

alpina

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

i need a motor that will drop and lift a shelf 195mm. the shelf will will be approximately 1-1.5mts * 500mm and will house all my av gear. any suggestions as to the sort of motor i will need, how to set it up and approx cost of motor would be appreciated? ideally, i would like to operate the shelf remotely.

if you can imagine a bench that is bolted to a wall - top, front and sides are made of stone and bottom is hollow. bench is approx 300mm high and sits 200mm off the floor (has a floating effect as its bolted to to wall and has no legs). rather than have the av gear sitting on the bench i want to put a polyurethane mdf base along the bottom of the bench and sit all my av gear on it - imagining weight of base plus av gear to be between 40-50kgs. i want a motor that can lower the bottom piece approximately 195mm and back up again. that way all my gear is well hidden and everything looks clean. think it would look real cool too

does that make sense?

regards,

julie

2. compolitus

compolitus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

Try looking at www.rswww.com in the mechanical section or www.farnell.com. They may have the sort of system you are loking for. All products have data sheets available.