Help me choose sub

blackmesa8

Ex Member
Reaction score
Yo all
Before i say what i got im just a poor student so no dising lol
i got a basic panasonic 5.1 surround system 5x100watt speakers with some panasonic 100watt sub. I
got it all at the same time for quite a decent price and im actualy quite happy with the performance for my room it seems perfect. But the sub is letting the speakers down as the high frequency sound takes over the bass completely at high volumes and to make things worse if i push it very hard for more than 30mins it will cut out due to heat so i need a new sub lol.

http://www.zen22204.zen.co.uk/DSCI0001.JPG

picture of my room and my setup. I plan to get speaker stands for the front stereo speakers soon and before someone points it out. yes the wall is SLIGHTLY pinkish cause this room used to be my sisters and i dont have the effort or the time to re paint it myself but its a very light pink not very noticable if it was bright pink i would be forced to paint lol anyway, like i said i actualy like the sound quality of them speakers they do me easily and the tv is pretty imense all i want is new sub and dvd player.

im a complete n00b to all this so can you lot help me choose what sub would be ok for my speaker setup price limit is about £300 although that will probably buy a sub way ahead of my speakers for that .

anyway thanks in advance
Simon

Originally posted by blackmesa8
can you lot help me choose what sub would be ok for my speaker setup price limit is about £300 although that will probably buy a sub way ahead of my speakers for that .

The Mordaunt Short MS309 is currently being sold at £230 and was recently given five stars by What Hifi who said that it was the first decent sub under £250 that they could happily recommend and that it would still have been given 5 stars even if it had cost £300.

Thanx all im looking into them subs you mentioned;)
ill be sure to post which one i decide with sometime.

Im assuming that the speakers can be wired up and work without the sub woofer present. If not you willhave possible compatability problems. I would recommend the ms309 .It rocks :D

yes the speakers will work without the sub there connected to the reciever via normal speaker type wire the sub connects to reciever by a phono lead thing (sorry im very noobish at all this lol)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom