1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me choose. Please.

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by zerolight, Mar 29, 2005.

1. zerolight

zerolight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I've got a baby on the way. So I thought it was about time I got myself a DV Camera to film it growing up. I'd like to use it for holidays and so on too. I've never had a cam corder before.

My wifes priority is that its small, not too expensive, and good quality.

Mine is that it has a good quality image and sound, is reasonably small, but not at the expense of its image and features.

We initially considered something cheap around the £300 mark, say from Sony or Panasonic. And are still considering that. Suggestions?

However, there is a temptation to push things a little bit more and spend around £500 - 600. That opens the door to the little JVC GZ MC200 or a Panasonic NV GS200. Any views on these, and any suggestions in this lofty price range. ;)

Maybe at a stretch the GS250 would be good (also from panny).

Any input you can offer would be appreciated. Thanks.

Graham.

2. PjPip

PjPip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've just bought my first camcorder too, a Sony DCR-HC22 for just under £300. It has a basic operation mode as well as a few more advanced features if you want to use them. A good optical zoom (Ignore the digital zoom figure) and works well with the PC straight out of the box (when you've bought a firewire cable of course!).

I've got nothing to compare it against obviously, but at this stage I can't think of a reason to have bought anything else other than an individuals preference for brand loyalty, I guess. As a confessed gadet-a-holic it's one of the few times i've not spent ages trying to convince the SO we need to buy the better model!