Help me choose...i'm going mad!

QuinDog

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All

We are currently decorating the lounge and I am looking to replace my TV. I'm not a huge techno boffin and want a good tv which will give me a good picture and motion as I watch a lot of football. I am not too worried about the smart content as I use Sky HD most of the time and I'm also not fussed about 3D.

So far I am considering the following two models:

Panasonic 47AS650 / 48AS640 (Currys version with VA panel)

or

Sony Bravia 48W605.

I have a max budget of 600 quid hence why I am looking at these models. I went into Richer Sounds and Hughes and they both recommended Panasonic slightly over Sony. However most of the reviews of the AS650 say it's quite good but not amazing, I however think it gives a very good picture and can't see any issues. I do like the build of the Panasonic as the Sony looks a little flimsy in W6 format but I wonder if the Sony will give me better motion during football even though it has a low MHz rating (purely as all reviews seem complimentary regarding the motion but some reviews state the motion isn't perfect on the Panny).

Please help as I'm literally popping into TV outlets to check these out everyday to help make my mind up and the staff are getting suspicious lol

Regards

Mark

The W series are very good gets good reviews that's actually the next tv I'm looking at getting

Have you also considered the samsung 48h6400, very popular model and £529 from John Lewis, out of stock online at the mo, but stores may have them. Or richer sounds

Samsung UE48H6400 Review

Hi

Yes I have considered the Samsung and at one time that was what I had my eye on. Not sure why I moved away from it. Probably cause of the to stand design. Would you rate that above the models I suggested?

I don't know, but it's the one I would buy. I like Samsung and don't like the ribbon stands. If you don't like the aesthetics get another

The Sony just seems a rather basic model for this day and age, Samsung's smart features are better and I certainly wouldn't buy a TV from Currys if John Lewis / Richer Sounds with 5 year warranty are an option

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom