1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help me choose from the following

Discussion in 'TVs' started by davcohen, Feb 13, 2005.

1. davcohen

davcohen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok i have decided i want to go for a phillips Tv after seeing the quality for myself, would love the 32PW9509 but its outta my price range

i have narrowed it down to the following:

Philips 32PW9309C
    32PW9308
    36PW8719C

i know the last is 36"s but is there any other difference's as in technically, not to worried about looks between them?

i am interested to hear about other brands aswel if you think they can top any of these sets for around the same money, i saw that toshiba 36" that JL have but they wouldnt price match as they called and someone told the salesman £1095 either way the quality again was nowhere near as good as the phillips it was next to

2. spocktra

spocktra

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    A lot depends what you view the most.I personally found the pixel plus processing of the philips overbearing with sport and action films.If you mainly watch dvds check out the panasonic pd range they are awesome.For mostly sky or freeview i would suggest the excellent toshiba 32zp48.They have a slightly softer definition which works better with sky etc.Superb sound too.You didnt mention your budget but both these tvs are around £800.

3. davcohen

davcohen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i could top out at £800, i am looking to buy very soon as in the next day or two as i got sky coming friday but nothing to watch it on.

i dont want a rear projection because of the viewing angle problems and the problems with the tube's, is this a CRT based set KP-44PX3U?

i basically want the best quality tv with the biggest screen size for around my budget of £800