help me choose between these wires!

mrTT

Established Member
Reaction score
hi again

been gettin a lot of good advice on this forum so thanks guys. time to move onto speaker cable choices. ill be connecting my kef 2005.2's to a yamaha 757se and i need about 35m of speaker cable to plaster into my walls. Ive narrowed down my choices to:

QED silver anniversary = 3.70 pm off ebay

Vann Damme blue = 1.99 pm from maplin

Gale XL315 - 1.99 pm from richer sounds

or this off ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PREMIUM-SPEAK...3289894QQcategoryZ295QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

what do you guys think?? i dont really wanna risk the sound quality issue as these will be plastered into the walls!

ill also need some quality video cables and so far ive been checking out QED and mark grants cables. the only think is that virtually everyone who has bought marks cables have upgraded from "standard" cables and not decent cables like QED! i was wondering if anyone could tell me if marks cables really are better than QED, as QED seem to win a lot of awards for their cables.

thanks again guys!

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
hmmmmmmm.......thanks for the suggestion but it looks way too cheap and "thin" to me! not exactly confidence inspiring!

if i went for the QED do you think i would notice an improvement over the vann damme blue cable?

I have just bought and installed the VD blue cable myself! Haven;t heard it work yet - waiting for speakers - but i only put it in because of the expert advice i received from these boards!

totalnewbie said:
hmmmmmmm.......thanks for the suggestion but it looks way too cheap and "thin" to me! not exactly confidence inspiring!

Don't let the thickness of the cable put you off: purity of the wire is more important in my experience - others mileage may vary. I use 22AWG * 2 per connection, but I use cryogenically treated Belden 89259.

The same sellers have larger guage cables too, hence I said 'or similar'.

Go for the VD Blue - it'll do just fine.

Paul.

Hi

I have the eggs and the Yammy.

I've posted this before but KEF at the Sound and Vision show advised me not to use silver wire. Reason - metal tweeters are bright, add silver wire which is bright and effect can be too much.

Others have done this and are happy. Might be worth checking first.

I use QED Qedos Classic (I think - copper anyway) at aboyt £2.50/m and am very happy.

thanks for the feedback guys.

think ill just go for vd blue!

also how would you compare QED vs mark grants video cables? any suggestions on these?

just thought ide tell you that i bought a 100m barrel of van damme blue cable to be plastered into a few of my rooms in my house! i hope you guys are right about the cable as theres no turning back now!!!

totalnewbie said:
just thought ide tell you that i bought a 100m barrel of van damme blue cable to be plastered into a few of my rooms in my house! i hope you guys are right about the cable as theres no turning back now!!!

Dont worry about it, it is a good wee cable at a very reasonable price.

VD Blue is a great cable! Worry not.

I have just done the same so don't blame me if it goes wrong!!! Argh!!!! ;-)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom