1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me choose between these 2 hdtv's

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Deathnyght, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Deathnyght

Deathnyght

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to purchase a 65" rear projection HDTV in a few days. I have a budget of about 2K and I've narrowed my choices down to the RCA HD65W40(specs below).

The RCA HD65W40 is a classy 65 inch Diagonal Integrated HDTV with SceniVision™ HD Picture System which will bring you a supreme entertainment experience. This set features a built-in ATSC tuner, a second window for browsing the Internet (requires high-speed broadband connectivity), and secure digital interfaces that assure compatibility with next-generation HDTV set-top components from cable and satellite operators. The exclusive SceniVision™ HD Picture System includes next-generation ATSC receiver/decoder circuitry, InfiniFocus™ high-definition CRTs, Linear Motion Upconverter progressive scan Technology, and Adaptive Reverse 3:2 Pulldown for the sharpest HDTV images. The home entertainment experience would not be complete without lifelike sound. This RCA HDTV Set is equipped with premium audio enhancements including a powerful 60-watt audio system with built-in 30-watt subwoofer for achieving dramatic bass effects.

Product Features:

* 65" Diagonal 16x9 HDTV with Integrated ATSC Tuner
    * Integrated ATSC Tuner
    * Motion Adaptive Reverse 3:2 Pulldown
    * InfiniFocus™ HD CRTs - Improved Tubes With Longer Necks
    * Linear Motion Upconverter (Progressive Scan)
    * 60-Watt Audio System (30-Watt Sub-Woofer)
    * DVI Input with HDCP - New Connectivity
    * INTELLIFOCUS™ Digital Auto Convergence
    * Integrated Web Browser*: with WIN® CE v3.0
    * IEEE1394 Connector
    * Broadband Connector (Ethernet RJ45)

I'm also considering the Toshiba 65H84(specs below):

The latest additions to Toshiba’s HD widescreen lineup represent the company’s continued commitment to both quality and value. Toshiba TheaterView(R) and TheaterWide(R) projection televisions bring an end to the days of sacrificing picture quality in exchange for a large screen.

With Toshiba’s new H84 series, you will appreciate the quality and convenience of advancements such as IDSC(TM) Pro, TouchFocus(TM) and PowerFocus(TM). These are combined with the addition of an HDMI input to produce the sharpest, brightest, highest contrast images produced by a Toshiba projection television. Toshiba projection TVs are the smart choice for serious television viewers.

# PowerFocus HD CRTs and PowerFocus HC Lens System
    # TheaterFine HD Fine Pitch Screen
    # Built-in TheaterShield
    # TouchFocus and AccuFocus 56 point Manual Convergence
    # CrystalScan HDSC (All time 1080i) with User Selectable 540p
    # Digital 3D Y/C Comb Filter (4MB, 10 Bit) with Vertical Contour Control
    # DFine High Speed Velocity Scan Modulation and CableClearn DNR+ (by Input)
    # Dynamic Quadruple Focus, Wide Band Video Amp and SRS Wow
    # HDMI Input
    # Split Cabinet Design with Built-in Lifting Handles

I'm not sure which to pick. If you guys have any suggestions I would appreciate it.

2. Chris Muriel

Chris Muriel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +711
    Only problem is that this forum is based around folk in Europe, mainly UK and Ireland - but some in mainland Europe.
    Therefore, we don't have a great amount of HDTV experience and none of ATSC :)
    I believe you want AVSforums.

Chris Muriel, Manchester, UK