Help me choose between camera's

Rhyst21

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, Looking to buy a new digital camera but really haven't got a clue when it comes to camera's, Im looking for a good digital camera to take family photos and a few of other things the car ect.. I don't know how to use manual settings in a camera so I'm looking for something to use in auto mode just point and shoot, The mrs said i can order it off her littlewoods account pay monthly save giving it up front at once. Iv narrowed it down to 2 choices and these 2 have Intelligent Auto Mode which i would need,

1. Panasonic Lumix TZ40 (New 2013 replacement of the TZ30) @ £34 a month
2. Panasonic Lumix G3 @ £30 a month

What do you recon guys? :smashin:

I have a G3, absolutely love it. Sold my EOS SLR for it. Have it and the F1.7 20mm pancake lens. Amazing camera

I have a G3, absolutely love it. Sold my EOS SLR for it. Have it and the F1.7 20mm pancake lens. Amazing camera
I have been doing a bit more searching the web and i think im swaying towards the G3, I have an old Sony cybershot 7.2Mp that works fine if i need a camera to grap quickly, Just to confirm will a Sandisk extreme SDHC memory card be ok in the G3?

Well guys i opted for the G3 in the end, Will be arriving tomorrow, What's your views on UV Protection Lens? Been reading up about them and its 50-50 some people rate them for protection others don't due to affect image quality.

The Panasonic G3 is a bit of a bargain at the moment. Under £300 with a 14-42mm lens. Looks a nice little camera.

The Panasonic G3 is a bit of a bargain at the moment. Under £300 with a 14-42mm lens. Looks a nice little camera.

Wilkinson Cameras have reduced the price of the 20mm F1.7 lens today, 229 pounds plus delivery, a bargain.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom