• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Help me choose between camera's

Rhyst21

Standard Member
Hi guys, Looking to buy a new digital camera but really haven't got a clue when it comes to camera's, Im looking for a good digital camera to take family photos and a few of other things the car ect.. I don't know how to use manual settings in a camera so I'm looking for something to use in auto mode just point and shoot, The mrs said i can order it off her littlewoods account pay monthly save giving it up front at once. Iv narrowed it down to 2 choices and these 2 have Intelligent Auto Mode which i would need,

1. Panasonic Lumix TZ40 (New 2013 replacement of the TZ30) @ £34 a month
2. Panasonic Lumix G3 @ £30 a month

What do you recon guys? :smashin:

MuzMc

I have a G3, absolutely love it. Sold my EOS SLR for it. Have it and the F1.7 20mm pancake lens. Amazing camera

Rhyst21

Standard Member
I have a G3, absolutely love it. Sold my EOS SLR for it. Have it and the F1.7 20mm pancake lens. Amazing camera
I have been doing a bit more searching the web and i think im swaying towards the G3, I have an old Sony cybershot 7.2Mp that works fine if i need a camera to grap quickly, Just to confirm will a Sandisk extreme SDHC memory card be ok in the G3?

Rhyst21

Standard Member
Well guys i opted for the G3 in the end, Will be arriving tomorrow, What's your views on UV Protection Lens? Been reading up about them and its 50-50 some people rate them for protection others don't due to affect image quality.

mhorton

The Panasonic G3 is a bit of a bargain at the moment. Under £300 with a 14-42mm lens. Looks a nice little camera.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom