1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me choose a RPTV!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by blue_harvester, Jan 27, 2005.

1. blue_harvester

blue_harvester
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have about £800 to spend on a RPTV and I have been seriously considering the Toshiba 42WH46 but reading these forums I find that most people would prefer the 42WH36. The 36 models seem very hard to find, have Toshiba stopped making these?

Any other RPTVs I should be looking at for around this price?

I have been looking at these on the Tesco website:

Tesco

I know they are above the £800 mark but my Mum works in Tesco so she can get 10% discount on these. What do you think?

2. Laurel&Hardy

Laurel&Hardy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The 42WP46 is a Plasma set, not RPTV, check Tosh's website for it. I think the product Tesco meant to advertise is the 42WH46, but clarify this first. If it is the plasma then that is about half price!

Even with discount, unless that's with a stand, those tesco prices for the other two RPTV's are seriously expensive. Check out the list below and save yourself about £200!!! Even with 10% off you'll still save over £100 if you go on line!

http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xFS?KW=42pw33&FN=&FD=0

I'd say of the 43VJ33 and 42PW33 the PW33 is best because it has component video in and is of course widescreen.

I think the 42WH36 is discontinued, which is a pity because it was a fantastic RPTV - I almost had one but moved house and was able to get the 51" :D