Help Me Choose a New Company Name

chrisw

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm just about to set up a new company and I need to come up with a name for it. The company will be providing IT Consultancy, Project Management and Administrative Support.

I have a name in mind, but the couple of people I've told have pulled funny faces when I've said it...

"Square Root Consulting".

What do you guys think of it and any other suggestions?

agreed, square root cons is dreadful. You need something catchy with no reminders of crappy maths lessons in high school !! You want to sound professional and grown up yet have a name that sticks in your mind if you were a prospective client. Keep it simple... classy....

let me go have a shower and I will have a think !!! ......

what market sector are you focusing on providing service to Chris?

lol at "old rope"

Mep - I will be providing services to pretty much any company who needs IT consultancy or Project Management, whether it's Telecoms or Transport... so not really focused on having a sector based name, as I will have a few people working for me who are experienced in several fields...

How about "Circle Squared"
I quite like the idea of something that's quite difficult/embarressing for a receptionist to say, but then I'm very juvenile....

"I Slit The Sheet, The Sheet I Slit Ltd"

IT Consultancy, Project Management and Administrative Support

From the above how about SPAM IT :)

or

C-MAP Consultancy.

chrisw said:
The company will be providing IT Consultancy, Project Management and Administrative Support.

Yeah but what exactly do you do?

Provide IT Consultancy services - so infrastructure / software consultancy, system design, generic project management and admin support.

Slipstream Consultancy, or some such title encapsulating inclusive and/or easy.

Insulting Consulting - "We say what we really mean" ? :thumbsup: :D

I know how difficult think of company names can be - we've "re-branded" about 5 times, and every one of the new company names has been totally rubbish!

"IT's Covered" encompassing the IT part and the fact that you can cover what someone wants.

Some good ones there... thanks.

Also come up with:

Loose Cannon Consulting (not a contender!)
TwentyOne Consulting
Zero-Nine Ltd

As you don't have any specific product or target, how about Generic Information Technolgy Systems?

All the "consultants" I've ever known were GITS....

how about

Consultation Recruitment And Projects Support or C.R.A.P.S. for short

:D

If it's all areas of IT which it sounds like it is, PC to Mainframe then your people are going to need to know some serious stuff to cover all scenarios. I work for a company that is exactly that, but as a software delevlopers/vendors. So I'm thinking, they're in the know:

Know IT

or

Know IT Systems

People still like company names they can abreviate & it's always nice to include your surname or initials if you are the sole owner.

(surname) IT Systems
(surname) Systems Consulting
(surname) Enterprise Systems

Spartan IT

I think you could get a good logo from that, it sounds modern, like you could get the job done...the Spartans were cool! AND www.spartanIT.com is not being used.

Who says your name has to be related to what you do? Tom Tom, Elephant.co.uk etc. all unrelated and easily remembered.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom