Help Me Choose a New Company Name

chrisw

I'm just about to set up a new company and I need to come up with a name for it. The company will be providing IT Consultancy, Project Management and Administrative Support.

I have a name in mind, but the couple of people I've told have pulled funny faces when I've said it...

"Square Root Consulting".

What do you guys think of it and any other suggestions?

Mrs AutomanUK

Novice Member
agreed, square root cons is dreadful. You need something catchy with no reminders of crappy maths lessons in high school !! You want to sound professional and grown up yet have a name that sticks in your mind if you were a prospective client. Keep it simple... classy....

let me go have a shower and I will have a think !!! ......

chrisw

lol at "old rope"

Mep - I will be providing services to pretty much any company who needs IT consultancy or Project Management, whether it's Telecoms or Transport... so not really focused on having a sector based name, as I will have a few people working for me who are experienced in several fields...

Jammyb

Novice Member
How about "Circle Squared"
I quite like the idea of something that's quite difficult/embarressing for a receptionist to say, but then I'm very juvenile....

"I Slit The Sheet, The Sheet I Slit Ltd"

ufitsy

IT Consultancy, Project Management and Administrative Support

From the above how about SPAM IT :)

or

C-MAP Consultancy.

chrisw

Provide IT Consultancy services - so infrastructure / software consultancy, system design, generic project management and admin support.

GrahamC

Novice Member
Slipstream Consultancy, or some such title encapsulating inclusive and/or easy.

OldAndSenile

Novice Member
Insulting Consulting - "We say what we really mean" ? :thumbsup: :D

I know how difficult think of company names can be - we've "re-branded" about 5 times, and every one of the new company names has been totally rubbish!

shay0

Novice Member
"IT's Covered" encompassing the IT part and the fact that you can cover what someone wants.

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
indianwells said:
IT Direct.

Short and to the point?
and also already taken.

chrisw

Some good ones there... thanks.

Also come up with:

Loose Cannon Consulting (not a contender!)
TwentyOne Consulting
Zero-Nine Ltd

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
As you don't have any specific product or target, how about Generic Information Technolgy Systems?

All the "consultants" I've ever known were GITS....

Drd

or DT IT
as in Dream Team IT

Or IT'n'C,or IT and C,or IT+C

unique

how about

Consultation Recruitment And Projects Support or C.R.A.P.S. for short

:D

DJT75

Distinguished Member
If it's all areas of IT which it sounds like it is, PC to Mainframe then your people are going to need to know some serious stuff to cover all scenarios. I work for a company that is exactly that, but as a software delevlopers/vendors. So I'm thinking, they're in the know:

Know IT

or

Know IT Systems

People still like company names they can abreviate & it's always nice to include your surname or initials if you are the sole owner.

(surname) IT Systems
(surname) Systems Consulting
(surname) Enterprise Systems

Solomon Grundy

Distinguished Member
Spartan IT

I think you could get a good logo from that, it sounds modern, like you could get the job done...the Spartans were cool! AND www.spartanIT.com is not being used.

Who says your name has to be related to what you do? Tom Tom, Elephant.co.uk etc. all unrelated and easily remembered.

rio1981

chrisw said:
Some good ones there... thanks.

Also come up with:

Loose Cannon Consulting (not a contender!)
TwentyOne Consulting
Zero-Nine Ltd
What about using the word "Connect" in the title? After all that's kind of what you'll be providing to people?

Probably too generic to be not taken though (ie: "Connect IT")? Although you do have a play on words there as well, as in I.T and the word "it"?

mickrick

Banned
Why not pitch this as an idea to a tv production company. That way we could see a new name picked over 8 months of live tv on channel 4. And it would be more entertaining than Big Brother.

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
. o 0 (cant believe he actually thought to ask us lot for advice...hahah) :D

how about? Consultancy, Administrative support and Management of Projects IT Group with Helpfully Universal Gusto

aka the C.A.M.P IT Group H.U.G

:D

Mrs AutomanUK

Novice Member
Trotters Independent consultancy....

Omega Systems ( sounds like it belongs in a sci fi film but I like it)

Forum Systems, in honour of us lot

Creative systems

How about pick your fav film and a character in it... Yoda Systems, Neo Systems, Jabba Systems, McPhee Systems, Lightning (as in Cars) Systems, Frodo Systems, Starsky Systems, The A Team Ltd, Fantastic 4 systems, Von Trapp Systems !! ( ok.. getting silly now, in my pants !! lol)