Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Help me choose a new camera

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by mtbgirl, Aug 23, 2003.

1. mtbgirl

mtbgirl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi I'm a new here. I am fairly new to digital photography and I have been using a Minolta Dimage F100 for the last six months or so. Whilst I am impressed with the picture quality achieved with the camera , I have a few bugbears which are starting to irritate.
    The batteries really drain fast, I use rechargables but even so it is annoying.
    The optical zoom is not sufficient I want more :rolleyes:
    The camera is slow to start up and I am missing out on good photos before the camera is ready.
    Here are the specifications of the camera I currently own :-

http://www.dimage.minolta.com/f100/spec.html

Has anyone any suggestions on my next purchase. The minolta I have is easy to use and I will still use it but I also want a better one !!!

MTBGIRL :laugh:

2. Matt F

Matt F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    How about the new Minolta Z1 - see my thread on it:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=91152

Slightly less pixels than your F100 (3.2 vs 4) but a whopping 10x zoom and, apparently, fast operational times but you'll need to check the reviews (when they appear) for confirmation of this.

Best bit is that you can get it for <£300.

Alternative would be the Canon G3 at £399 but that has a 4 x zoom and opposed to the Z1's 10x zoom.

Matt.