• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Help me choose a fantasy sterio

crossy67

Standard Member
I may be coming into some "spare cash" lol (is there ever any such thing?)

I have a spare 10' X 10' ground floor room with concrete floor and brick walls that I might be tempted to put a top notch sterio into.

I listen to almost anything, classical, rock, jazz, almost anything. The most important thing for me is that it must sound good, I like hi fidelity music and love a good base line.

At the moment I listen to most of my music on the pc through an old Technics amp, a pair of Mission 701's (with re-glued baffle plate lol) and an active Yamaha sub. It sounds nice enough but there is always room for improvment.

I want something that can go louder than my ears will but it must be as distortion free as possible when loud but also good when quiet.

The budget is very flexible but I want value (not the cheepest). I dont mind seccond hand, infact it would be preffered. BTW I am not against a sub in there too.

So come on help me spend some money and get a divorce at the same time :thumbsup: I need names and numbers for a lovley amp/preamp, possibly sub and a set of speakers.

Thaks.

Ian

nuttyboyz

Hi , any budget? For a very clear, transparent sound, with bass to die for I would look at Huygens MCD1002 class D amplifiers, utterly superb for not much dosh, also the Sonneteer Bronte a Class T tripath amplifier is also very good.

Look at something like Kudos C1 speakers and a Cambridge Audio CD player and you will get some jaw dropping sounds.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom