1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me choose a camcorder...

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by kwestwood, Aug 2, 2004.

1. kwestwood

kwestwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My old Panasonic dv camcorder has just been stolen so I need to choose another before the end of the week for an event i'm going to. My two favourites so far are the Canon MVX 10i or Sony DCR-HC85E

Which should I go for? My budget is approx £750

I would like :
    - dv in & out
    - Widescreen (16:9)
    - 2 megapixel stills

Any help/comments would be much appreciated.

Thank
    Kevin

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    Hi kwestwood and welcome to the forum :hiya:

TBH the better of the 2 cams is quite likely to be more down to personal preference than any great differences in features etc.
    My best advise is to get to a dealer and spend a bit of time useing both cams and see which you feel handles the best. Then play back what you have recorded to see if one has better PQ.

Once you have tried the above you can decide for yourself which is the better cam, as you will be the one who will be using it. One might be an excellent cam, but just not be comfortable to hold for you while the other not as good, but feels good to hold. You will only find these things out by useing them, and only when you have used them for a little while.

Mark.