1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me buying some movies

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Reiner, Dec 2, 2000.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi, last time I was asking for some movie tips and here a few I narrowed down which could be of interest for me, but before I purchase them I would like to get a better idea of the movie and the quality, so please help me out and give a short opinion and rating, something like:

The movie is good/bad/average ... blablabla ...

Sound: xxx stars (out of 5)
    Picture: xxx stars (out of 5)

Not sure about them as the ratings for the R1 copies (in terms of quality) are pretty contradictionary on the DVD sites:

Drive
    Ghost in a Shell (Manga)
    Fargo
    Top Gun
    Run, Lola, Run

I prefer comments on the R1 copies as they are easier to source, though I will be in Europe (Germany) during the winter and could get hold of some R2s, too.

[This message has been edited by Reiner (edited 02-12-2000).]

2. tee

tee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Reiner, you could check the reviews on my site, most are region 1 and I own all of them, therefore all are decent enough and are not reviewed by people who do it for a living. Address below.

------------------
    Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Reiner, this may help you out:

Run, Lola, Run: Get the R1 version, 'cause then you can choose fullscreen or widescreen versions, and subtitled or dubbed versions as well. The R2 version is widescreen only, but has both dubbed and subbed versions.

Ghost In The Shell: Again, get the R1 version, as it is in proper 16:9 anamorphic widescreen ratio, and even if you only have a 4:3 TV, you still get a proper widescreen image. With the R2 version, the image was incorrectly encoded onto the DVD, so everyone got the anamorphic version, which also meant you lost some of the subtitles, on 4:3 sets! Duh! Also, you get more extras on the R1 version, whereas R2 makes many of the extras DVD-Rom only! Another duh, me thinks!

Hope you enjoy these films.

Pooch