• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

help me buy a tv before the VAT goes sky high

Mccloskey4

Standard Member
I have an old skool tv 32 inches and huge bulk behind. great pic quality but it makes a really irritating humming noise. I want a nice new flat screen tv before the VAT goes up but like a good deal, im scared of buying the wrong tv just because the deal seemed good please help me.

I know i want around 40 inches, black and excellent picture quality. Mainly for tv watching via freeview and aerial and dvds but also for the wii. it will be on a tv stand at eye level and will be near a window so may get some glare but the aerial and leads are all in the corner near the windows.

i dont understand the difference between hd ready and full hd but i am looking for clear imagery and no fuzziness, i see this with other peoples large screen tvs and find it very irritating.

There are some great deals in sainsburys etc
Please advise me of what to get and best prices.
Im thinking a panasonic, toshiba or sony 40" but really I need one of you experts to say heres the best tv for your pocket. i dont want to spend over 600 and see lots of 499 offers

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom