Help me buy a DVD recorder

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Rookies, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    I am after a DVD recorder that is good and look good and is low on price. Not too sure if I want a HD in it, Is it really needed if so they qoute me on 2 units with price

2. SystemBlack

SystemBlack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just got a Pye PRV645. It's made by philips, is easy to use although the remote is a little on the small side, especially when skipping through frames and marking for hiding. On the whole it is a decent basic machine. One thing it does have is a 2x mode for recording 2.5 hrs, useful when films are shown on Channel 5. It doesnt have an HQ (1 hr) mode but I have a Sony which has. If I could get the remote for the Sony to work for the Pye (impossible I know) that would give me the best of both worlds. I am going to invest in a learning remote for all my equipment (I have 12 at the mo) if they do one which does as many as that.
    Pye was £99.95 from ASDA and also there was a Sony machine in Argos which was £149.95, I think it was the 310 or something like that.
    There is a Lite-On with a hard drive for £229 approx and it looks a good machine too, I like Lite-On, good products. :thumbsup:

3. Gordon D

Gordon D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hiya Rookies.

Ive got a Lite-On LVW-5045 DVD Recorder with HDD so far it's been really good.. but it does seem to be pot luck if you get a good one or a lemon! if you do get a good one there are lots you can do with it ;)

Mine cost £223 inc delivery and comes with a two year warranty.

4. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Hello Gordon.

I must listen to you as you got me a good LCD tv

Hmm I dont really like the look of the lite-on would spoil the set up with the LCD I think. Then again it the inside we should look at really.

Hmm Wonder what other Recorders there is