1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me burn my first DVD

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by SNICK, Mar 30, 2004.

1. SNICK

SNICK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I've recently installed a DVD burner (NEC 2500A) and have some miniDV footage i'm trying to burn to DVD. I've used movie maker 2- but seem to have a problem getting Nero 6 to accept this - will it burn WMV files - or should I convert to something else?

appreciate any assistance ;)

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    When burning a DVD you don't want to convert the AVI file(s) to anything before the DVD authoring software creates the disk as this will mean there are 2 conversions which will result in a loss of quality.
    Nero 6 should be able to do the conversion and burn the disk, but it will not be able to create menus or chapters on the disk. What version of Nero 6 do you have? OEM or full? Most OEM versions are restricted as to what they can do to try to get you to buy the full package. IIRC this costs around £30 as an online download as an upgrade.
    I have an OEM Nero 6 but don't use this for creating video DVD's for the above mentioned reasons. I use Ulead DVD Movie Factory 3 that is very simple to use, includes basic editing tools and does create chapters and even animated menus. This can be bought online for around £25 and the results arevery good.

Mark.

3. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For help on outputting files from MovieMaker 2 have a look at www.papajohn.org an independant website devoted entirely to using MovieMaker 2

4. dirt

dirt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I believe Digital Video Made Easy magazine to be the best UK publication, both for answering any queries you may have, and for supplying demos and trials of all the latest video software.
    It's written in an easy to understand format and is very beginner friendly.