Help me build the new Family Room

cookie1987

Standard Member
Hi Folks,

I Have had to create a new account as i lost access to my old domain, dang it.

OK, So, Background.

We are having a large extension built that will create an 79m2 open-plan living space incorporating kitchen, dining area and chill out area with 8mtr bifold's out onto the patio.

Currently in my lounge i have:
LG OLED 65" C8
Sonos Play Bar
Sonos Sub Gen2
2x Sonso ONE Gen 2's

I Have just bought and had delivered:
LG OLED 77" C1
Sonos Arc
Sonos Sub Gen3

The new kit will be going into the new extension and my older TV and Play Bar will go in our sitting room for the kids/winter cosy nights.

Question:

Should i opt for in-ceiling Sonos speakers or a pair of FIVE's for the new space? to work with the Arc and pair of subs.

Dont really want to go with an AMP and to be fair BUT if i did then i can add some outdoor speakers to it i guess.

Many thanks

Gerry557

As its going to be built why not add the cabling even if it to use later. It won't add that much.

It sounds like a big volume to fill and likely to have lots of harsh surfaces like the 8m of glass doors. What flooring will you use.

You might find the kids room better for watching movies than this. I have a large open plan area and it sounds terrible compared to the lounge with carpets and smaller glass.

Do you have a diagram of the room it's going in...?

I've got a Sonos 5.1 system in the lounge and although its very good for what it is you can soon reach its limits and my lounge is only 27ft x 13ft.

If its still being built I'd of opted for some decent in-wall speakers myself. I only went for Sonos in the lounge as its much easier to incorporate without running wires everywhere!

3 of these across the front Dali Phantom H60 In Wall Speaker (Pair) with a BK subwoofer would be a nice start...

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom