• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

help me: benqw1000 or optoma hd200X

kingdee

Standard Member
I have being researching for weeks and reading threads here. I have a max budget of £1000. I would like a 1080 projector but I am concerned that
  1. my room may not be wide enough, it meausres 12ft wall to wall
  2. my room may be too bright - see photo below
  3. projector may be off centre on book shelf rather that ceiling mounted
See photo of room (i couldn't get image embed to work :blush:)
http://cid-a0e473270c79ccb9.photos....rojector Grand Central 2010.06.11.1143.39.jpg

The room gets the evening sun. I will be using it mostly for xbox and for playing movies from the laptop (which has hdmi out). The walls are painted cream, I doubt I will be able to drill ceiling mounts for PJ or screen as i am renting.

The best deals I have found were on BENQ w1000 for £842 and optoma ds200x for £797 both on projector point.
Owing to the fact that it may be projecting off centre I am leaning towards the dlp w1000 anything else I need to be aware of.

Thanks for your help it means alot.

olpers101

Established Member
I do not find much difference between both of these projectors bro..
Both are much likely same..
the only diiference is this that hd20 was released before this benq projector.. Other wise there both are almost same..

kbfern

Distinguished Member
I would say that the benq seems to emit more Rainbow effect than the HD20 should you be susceptible to this effect.

This is due to the higher brightness and slower colour wheel.

If you don't see rainbows this will not be of concern.

Projecting off centre will be a problem with both projectors as they do not have lens shift.

kingdee

Standard Member
Thank kbfern and olpers101.
if there a way to ceiling mount or wall mount either projector without leaving a permenant mark on the ceiling/wall. I am in a rented apartment and I don't think the landlord would appreaciate me leaving a hole in the roof apon moving out.

I have found the hd200x for £691 and the Benq w1000 for £788 both on Projector-Discount.co.uk

Anyone have any previous dealings with them or know anywhere cheaper?

On the rainbow effect, I have never had a projector before to know if I am sensitive and as I am based in Dublin I don't know any stores that do demos.

frosty1979

Established Member
Thank kbfern and olpers101.
if there a way to ceiling mount or wall mount either projector without leaving a permenant mark on the ceiling/wall. I am in a rented apartment and I don't think the landlord would appreaciate me leaving a hole in the roof apon moving out.

I have found the hd200x for £691 and the Benq w1000 for £788 both on Projector-Discount.co.uk

Anyone have any previous dealings with them or know anywhere cheaper?

On the rainbow effect, I have never had a projector before to know if I am sensitive and as I am based in Dublin I don't know any stores that do demos.

I would look into that company a bit more as they don’t seem to supply any contact details other than an email address, no phone numbers or address and only seem to take limited payment methods. I looked at them when buying my HD200x last week but decided not to take the risk and bought elsewhere.

Buttox Brown

Established Member
I was going to buy both projectors and i was put off with the benq as the complaints about the rainbow effect put me off. People also said its so bright they were getting headaches. Both projectors could not give me the size of screen for the size of my livingroom.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom