1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me accessorize my P5...please

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Dam0, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Dam0

Dam0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a JVC GR-DVP5 a few weeks ago and I'm very happy. Does nearly everything I want... but now I want more.

Today I bought the biggest battery pack I could find, this one has to strap on my belt. :D

Now to make my camera complete I need an external microphone and light. I also want to use these items together at the same time.

I film in dark loud nightclubs and festivals. So I need a microphone that will be able to handle very loud volumes. And it of course be 'info-shoe' (JVC) compatible.

The light needs to be able to light up an area of about 2 people, at a short distance, and be self-powered. I plan to buy some sort of grip handle attachment that will use the screw fix at the bottom of the P5 and at the top of the grip, have the light on top.

If you have any idea what I'm talking about, or have tried something similar, I'd like to hear your advice.

I've just about exhausted Google ;)

2. FPGB

FPGB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you checked JVC website? They have lots of accessories for that camera... where are some links:

Camera (specs, acessories etc.)
    http://www.jvc-victor.co.jp/english/cyber/e_uk/europe/dvp7_5/index.html

Microphone:
    http://www.jvc-victor.co.jp/english/accessory/video/product/mz_v3.html

Auto light:
    http://www.jvc-victor.co.jp/english/accessory/video/product/vl_v3.html

I love this one... Marine case!
    http://www.jvc-victor.co.jp/english/accessory/video/product/wr_dvp7.html

Hope it helps!

P.S. - I've decided today to buy the JVC GR-DVP5 ... are you happy with it? The video quality is good? Do you edit your films on a Macintosh? and the still pictures are OK? I've read lots of stuff about this camera ... but I can always learn a little more from you!

Thanks!
    FP

3. Dam0

Dam0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've checked those pages out before.

The acessories are ok for 'home' use but not for what I want.

I've just ordered a PAG light system (heavy duty battery belt + 100w soft daylight light) that I'm going to mount on a custom clamp.

As for a Mic, I'm still uncertain that the JVC recommended mic will work well under the heavy bass of a night club. The built in stereo mics work fine, so long as I remember not to stand near the bass bins.

I edit on a PC with Media Studio 6.5. It's alright for what I want. I'm looking into DVD aurthoring but for the sort of aurthoring I want, it's going to be very expensive. :(

If you want to see what this cam can do, check out one of my new videos.

Here

4. FPGB

FPGB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    URGENT!!
    Damo,
    I would like your input on this ... with the JVC-GR-DVP 5 you can import the movie/files to your computer and then you can work/edit them. OK. ... but can you "export" them to the miniDV cassete on the camera after editing? Is this only possible with the JVC-GR-DVP 7?
    How do you store those huge files?
    Thanks!!
    FP

5. Dam0

Dam0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No.

The P5 is DV out only, the P7 is DV in and out.

How do I store my files..... on my raid hard disks . :D

6. FPGB

FPGB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ... I thought that "DV In" was to convert analog tapes to digital ... so I didn´t care about that. Now I've read in a MacWorld forum that "DV In" is the way to export files/film to the DV cassete!
    The problem is that my GF bought one P5 in Holland while travelling... and she returns Sunday ... she will try to switch to a P7 until then.
    Thanks for replying so briefly.

Bye!
    FP