1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help matching central speaker

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Japers, May 20, 2003.

1. Japers

Japers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all!

I currently have an old Yamaha A/V amp (10+ years old) driving two Epos M12 speakers. I am planning on upgrading my system by buying a Marantz SR-7300 A/V amp and a centre speaker (I have some old MS used as rear speakers which one day I might upgrade too).

I am a little bit lost in finding a centre speaker to match the Epos M12s in sound & quality. The Epos cost me £430 so I would guess my budget should be £200 although I can be flexible for the right bit of kit!

In terms of spec, the Epos are as follows: Two-way 150mm mid/bass driver; 25mm aluminium dome tweeter; 88dB sensitivity; 8ohms; 60Hz-20kHz frequency response; 75Watts power handling.

All advice gratefully received!

jp

2. Japers

Japers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +449
    Usually its recommended to use the same make accross all three front channels ... have you tried contacting Epos and seeing if they can recommend something.

Vikki

4. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dynaudio 42c 4ohms but not hard to drive-£230.00 and should match your epos.

5. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +449
    According to Creek (the owners of Epos) there should be a Creek website at http://www.epos-acoustics.com/ but when I looked just now couldn't get to it.

6. Japers

Japers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies.

soundog - yes, I've tried to log on for the past few days but it has been down. It was working last week when I briefly browsed. I've managed to get their number after a bit of hunting around, will call after work.

stranger - funny you should mention the Dynaudio. I almost bought those when I put my system together but opted for the Epos after listening! I will relook into the Dynaudio 42c...

My local shop is selling a Castle Inversion Centre for £250 instead of £460. They are closed today so might ask them about that tomorrow. I can't find any details on the castle site about them but I wonder if that might be an option too?

7. stranger

stranger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    funny you should say that-I almost went for the epos but reckoned the dyns were a better bet for dual use of a/v.

8. Japers

Japers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are right - If I had know then I was going to go the A/V route I would probably have got the Dynaudios!

Still no regrets, The Epos are great too. I just need to match them to something!