1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Marantz SR7500 or Yamaha RX-V1500

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by namewheld, Mar 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. namewheld

namewheld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

Can you help on this. Which is better? SR7500 or RX-V1500. without any consideration on speaker setup, room and etc.

I already did some research on these two and found their features and specs almost the same.. I like to audition these two, but I have no time..

I can say that I am 60/40 movie/music.

And another thing, both have video up conversion, any difference between the two?.. if I connect my dvd player to the receiver using component cable and connecting it to the tv with component cable also, will it improve the picture quality.

thanks in advance..

2. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Both are looking great. The marantz is ment to be as much a movie machine as a music one. It comes down to price, features, astetics and brand loyalty I guess.

To be honest those are the two I would go for, I think i would be happy with either and i'm currently using a 2500.

3. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    I would very much doubt it. I think only the Yamaha Z9 has that ability with the built in Farouda scaler :D

I would say which ever amp loos better to you and cost the least would be the best choise. I have the 1400 and think its excellent. The only real world way is to demo them unfortunatly for you.

4. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    The new Denon can also do the upscaling of picture too I believe.

As for the amp choice, you have chosen two very good machines, either one will suit you very well indeed. All depends on what your movie/music preference is really, and the type of sound you like.

5. namewheld

namewheld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys for the reply. I have a follow up question. Currently I'm stuck with a bose accoustimas 10 series III cube array which I'm planning to replace also. I quite a newbie in terms of speaker matching and the like. Are there any issues if for the moment I match the bose setup with either of these two receivers.

BTW, what speaker setup is best match for sr7500 & rx-v1500.

Thanks in advance..

6. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    People seem pretty happy with cantons, whcih are availible for a great price either from germany or here.

It al depends on the amount your willing to spend.

Do you want a sat/sub combo or would all out wooden assult in the form of floorstander make you happy :D .

There are real bargins with tannoy and some AE at the moment. You have picked a good time to buy, I would say. Also look at the classifieds section as something may come up.

I wouldn't try pluging your bose into which ever reciever you get though, as that could be nasty!

7. namewheld

namewheld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks gazbarber.

What will happen if I indeed used the bose setup? :lease:

8. pragmatic

pragmatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,678
    Bose don't publish any technical specs for there products, so i could imagine they would 'pop' or do something similar (don't try it for chicks though as it might damage your amp). The are a proprietry stands company, and hopefuly your new system will be better than the bose you have currently. I would think investing in a sound meter would be a good idea to, i'm gonna get one of these soon and for £25 it really isn't that much considering the performance improvement it's roumered to give.

Auto setup is a start, but putting a few more minutes effort in is a worthy investment considering the amount of enjoyment it should provide.

9. namewheld

namewheld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks gazbarber