1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP ! Marantz RC1400 learning problem

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by 0B1-1, Jan 10, 2005.

1. 0B1-1

0B1-1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Chaps,

I have the above RC and I am having problems learning some basic codes from a Futronix P50 remote control. Are there any readers out there have experienced the same problem? or does anyone know the codes for the following -

scene 1, scene2, scene3 and 'OFF'

My marantz control does not seem to be able to 'learn' these functions and displays 'error' everytime I attempt to grab the IR code being transmitted from the Futronix RC. Any helpful advice would be most welcome!!!

ps - I even phoned Futronix UK and the chap I spoke to told me the remote works on a standard 37Mhz? frequency so there should be no reason why my remote does not learn the codes

2. davefwww

davefwww

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I am having some trouble with the RC1400 learning commands, as well. I have logged in 6 remotes, no problem. My Musical Fidelity amp, however, has kept we awake at nights. Volume up/down buttons, no problem, source select e.g. cd, tuner,tape,etc. error, every time. The chap at musical fidelity said the codes were nothing fancy. I own 3 other learning remotes, 10-year-old technics, vivanco and marmitek. All these, copy the buttons no problem. I thought about sending it back, but once you start using the remote, its very likable. I would like to get in touch with Marantz, but I have not been able to find a consumer helpline, only a European address. If there is a fault, the remote should be replaced.

Dave

3. slashlib

slashlib

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most times the Marantz RC1400 will learn the command on the first button press, and come up with "OK".

If you press the source button once and the RC1400 says "ERROR", try this instead:
    1. press the destination button (i.e., the button on the RC1400 were the code will be stored)
    2. hold down the source button (the button on the other remote you want to learn) until the RC1400 says either "OK" or "ERROR". If it says "OK", you're done, if it says "ERROR" then you may have some issues.

I had this problem trying to learn my new Acer TV's remote controls. Five different remote controls before that were no problems, but for some reason the Acer required me holding it down for up to 5 seconds before the RC1400 would learn the codes. It's all good now.

/lib