1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help making up my n00b mind

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stepneg, Sep 15, 2005.

1. stepneg

stepneg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +277
    Hi all,

I have a Panasonic AE500 which I had been using for the past year or so on my coffee table with no real problems, now my daughter has started walking its become used less and less as I have to keep packing it away etc..

Im now thinking that I should either ceiling mount it (hassle, cost, wife not happy about losing the living room light etc..) or trade\sell it and buy a plasma for the wall. The pj bulb is fairly new only 100 hours on it there bouts plus I have a panasonic screen for it but unsure what thats worth?

I just don't know what to do help me :lease:

2. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    Some people put them on shelves etc. Does the AE500 have optical lens shift? If so you should be able to put it somewhere permanent & out-of-reach without resorting to the ceiling (if that's a problem)...PJ :)

3. stepneg

stepneg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +277
    Im not quite sure to be honest :rolleyes:

The thing is I would much prefer it to go on a shelf or even in a nicely situated cupboard that I have but I can't shrink the picture enough if you know what I mean. My screen is 6ft but I need to have the pj fairly close to get it to fit on there, i've tried adjusting it but no joy. I don't know wether this is me being an idiot but anymore than a few meters away and the picture is way to big :suicide: