Help - making sense of Audyssey Dynamic Eq and Volume

darrenhaken

Hi, as you have the app have you considered creating a house curve. My post calibration is designed for vocals. I use dv light for vocals. My curve has no bass boost so I use deq to add it. In my curve I have a small cut in the mid bass primary for vocals but appears to be helping reduce the deq boost in that area. I added 4db to the sw trim and deq offset 10 which gives great rumble without being overpowering in the bass. I Like the increase in the rears but with my denon x3500h I can adjust individual speakers and have the option to reduce them by the 1db per - 5 deq adds. As I have a 4db boost in the curve at high frequencies to add clarity and presence to vocals I have added 4db to the centre. My centre is only rated to 68hz so I set my crossover at 100 as it sounded clearer than 80. Vocals sound to me like being at the cinema with my bass rumbling away when needed.
How do I create a Haus curve with it, quite straightforward?

Sounds like you know what you're doing with your curves!

Tingo

Sounds like you know what you're doing with your curves!
You need a Windows pc/laptop, a program called ratbuddyssey which can be downloaded here Release graphing release (fixed) · ratbuddy/ratbuddyssey
I noted you use an I pad, the Audyssey app saves calibrations as ady files. You have to transfer your ady file to the computer so it can be opened by ratbuddyssey. I believe you will need a file manager and cloud transfer to move it across. I'm using the android version of the app which allows for drag and drop. Create a new folder on pc call it audyssey then in that folder another one named original. Move the ady file to the original folder and copy it to the audyssey folder. If you want to try it and sort everything as above please post and I'll explain how to make a house curve. Any issues with the above please post. Cheers.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom