Help LOST Windows 7 Log On Password

bulletmagnet

Hi, ive changed my windows 7 password (home edition)and for the life of me i cant remember what ive changed it too. I have tried everything i can imagine but no way can i access my laptop.
I have no bootable usb disk, to reset the laptop (packard bell) i need to be logged in and do it from the start menu.
I have booted in safe mode but the admin account doesnt come up, only my main account which is the account i havent got the password for.
Is my only option to purchase and reinstall windows 7?
Any help would be much appreciated

LJx

You won't need to purchase windows if you already have it installed. If you don't care about the data on the account then get hold of a disc and reinstall. If you want the data you could put the HDD in another machine.

How about entering a new user name and just no password. Sometimes you can bypass the login by just creating a new account. Once in you may be able to recover the account that you once had.

bison_uk

You could also try Hiren's. If you create yourself a hirens boot CD (if you can access another machine) and then boot into that when you start up the machine.

It has a few different apps that can change or remove logon passwords. i've used Hiren's 10.2 and that worked fine when i had to do the same thing on a friends laptop.

Sinbadio

Novice Member
You could always go into safe mode and revert back to a safe point, can't remember what its called but you can kinda get the jist of what I'm saying

Phil Scott

I have a tool at home that would help you but I can't remember the name at the moment. I will check this evening.

Anyway, you boot in to this tool (via either a burnt CD or a USB drive) and it will allow you to remove, reset/change your Windows password.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom