1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!! looking to buy 512MB / 1GB MP3 Player

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Crazy Snake Man, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

looking to get mp3 player for gym and not sure what are the best models, looking for 512MB / 1GB (although not rigid could get smaller if good deal) - looking to spend £100 MAX. Would prefer to be able to plug straight into laptop and has to play mp3/wma

any opinons/recommendations on model/supplier much appreciated.

:lease:

2. Omat128

Omat128

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I personally don't own any Flash Players, but there are some nice ones out there. Theres the Sony 1GB Flash Player if your willing to pay 200$, im sure you can find it cheaper though. Sony 1GB Player

And then, there is the Ipod Shuffle 1gb for 150$, if you don't mind that there is no screen on it, this one should be a good one. Its the smallest of the 1gb flash players. Ipod Shuffle

For more choices, you can head over to Cnet.com, they have a bunch of great articles about MP3 Players, hope this helps.

3. Crazy Snake Man

Crazy Snake Man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi sorry to post again and possibly be a pain!!

I purchased the 1GB MPMan MP-FOL7 player today - I tried to download some wma files to the player via windows media on my lap top (mp player can handle mp3 and wma and apparently don't need a new driver for laptop if not using win 98 and mine is XP).

Although PC recognises player and the player says "transferring" and the memory on the player says 31% used when i try and play the music it says "no files" - any ideas?

Have sent support line a mail (no number to call) but it could take a week before they get back tome - any help VERY MUCH appreciated!!

4. koala72

koala72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dont touch the crap shuffle! its a peice of crap it has no screen and the battery life is crap even though there isnt an LCD screen. the only reason its popular because its made by apple! get a creative or iriver mp3 player there actually good

5. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,892
    koala, if you are going to post, please don't post crap like that.

6. kevH

kevH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    I take it the Ipod shuffle is CRAP then ???? lol

7. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,892
    No, it's not crap, it serves the purpose for which it was designed and is not the right player for some people. There are other options to look at as well in this area, particularly the ones from Creative.