Help - looking for connects2 (or equiv) Aux lead for Laguna

mistuk

Established Member
Reaction score
I've got a Renault Laguna II Initiale with a VDO Tuner List head unit. I'm trying to get hold of an interface to give me an AUX in so I can connect my iPod. Connects2 do one, but I can't find anywhere that sells it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Kev

I have exactly the same car, and am doing it myself for about £5.
I plan to put the cable through to the center arm rest, so it can sit in there and be charged at the same time if required.
Plan to do it this weekend, so will let you know how I get on.

I have the Laguna Initiale and have just bought a new iPod, so I'd be inetrested in how to get this connected to the Initiale's stereo too.

Arm rest does seem like a good place to mount as it has the power supply and handy tray.
markbingo - I'l like to know how you did it and how it went.

keithmdw said:
I have the Laguna Initiale and have just bought a new iPod, so I'd be inetrested in how to get this connected to the Initiale's stereo too.

Arm rest does seem like a good place to mount as it has the power supply and handy tray.
markbingo - I'l like to know how you did it and how it went.

Well my ipod now works in my car. It is hard wired in. And my itrip had been donated to somebody else who can find out for themselves how rubbish it is !

I tried to wire it in myself, but I failed. It turned out to be a bit harder than I thought. However, I did manage to find an AUX adapter for £55 on the web, that is designed to go in the Laguna Tuner List stereo in place of the cd-auto changer. So I swallowed my pride, and bought it.

Installed it yesterday and it went in without any problems at all. I tracked the wire all the way through the dash and center console to the center arm rest, and it now sits in the "top tray" very snuggly indeed.

The sound quality is superb, and the the other benifit is that the traffic reports on the FM radio kick in and mute the ipod ( wouldnt do this with the itrip ) so there are no worries about missing important commuting info either.

All in all I am VERY happy indeed. The job lot cost was about £65 + about 1hour fitting with a soldering iron (to extend a cable I already had, from the radio to the arm rest).

:thumbsup:

P.S. I didnt have to drill a single whole in my car either, Renault thoughtfully left enough space for me to poke it all the way through !!!

mistuk said:
I've got a Renault Laguna II Initiale with a VDO Tuner List head unit. I'm trying to get hold of an interface to give me an AUX in so I can connect my iPod. Connects2 do one, but I can't find anywhere that sells it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Kev

Here is where I got mine link

Thank for the info.

Do you have a link to the part you had to buy?

I was looking at the Dension (www.dension.com) iceLink connectors, which seem to suggest they will work with the Tuner List stereos in the Laguna (which the Initiale kind of has) and even show MP3 tags on the sat nav screen (but I don't hold out much hope of that).

What connector on the back of the Initial's stereo did you use? I have never had it out so don't know what connectors there are. I didn't think there would be a CD-changer connector as it has the in-dash all-in-one changer.

Thanks

My previous post is the link to the actual item i bought.

If you have a Tuner List Head unit, you will definately have a CD-Auto changer socket on the back of your head unit (its a blue mini ISO socket)

The above item plugs directly into this socket, and you plug the ipod directly into it.

Buy yourself some stereo removal keys (available in all auto shops) and pop the head unit out, and have a look near where the main loom connects in. You should see a Blue socket. Thats the one !

I didnt think the Denison Ice solution was worth the money to be honest (it was almost the same money as the ipod itself :eek: )

I have been running the above solution for a week or so now, and it is quite superb. The sound is excellent, and the ipod sits nice and snuggly (and out of sight ) in the top tray of the center console. A very elegant solution. Just pop the ipod on shuffle, and off you drive !

I'm having trouble with Dension's ICE>link plus in my 2005 Megane. Connected it up with the Connects2 adaptor. Headunit recognises that there is a changer connected but either gets stuck checking for CD's or tells me there are no CD's in.

Dension reckon its a problem with the new Tuner List headunits in some 2005 models, and are 'developing a solution'!

Anyone had a similar problem and found a way round it? Or does anyone have any idea's for an alternative solution? I want a direct connection - no messing about with FM transmitters.

Cheers

Hi,

I have an mp3 player and a megane fidji (2002) with tuner list head unit.

This connects2 thing seems to be the business but my mp3 player stays with me. Can anyone who has fitted this tell me, can I leave the connects2 aux in unit connected and my wife still be able to play her cd players when my mp3 player is in my pocket not connected and in the car? or does it override the normal single cd slot in the head unit as a source?

regards

Bob

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom