Help! Looking for 110 "ALR screen

jugulator

Standard Member
Hi there,

I am looking for 110" fixed frame ALR screen for a UST projector. I spent a lot of time online and I am really struggling to find one. I would appreciate if anyone guide me with the following queries

1. Any recommendation for a decent screen. By budget is £1000. I see different ones here and there like draper react, Celexon etc. however most of these I am unable to buy online, which is weird. That leads me to my second question
2. Where can I buy these? Online? Any retail stores where I can pick one up? My local richer sounds does not seem to have any in stock.

I have ordered an optoma P2 which should be arriving shortly. My living room is white and have large windows. So I do. need an ALR screen.

Thanks in advance.

kenshingintoki

Distinguished Member
draper react are solid

jugulator

Standard Member
Last edited:

jugulator

Standard Member
Any comments on these ones?

Any one has experience with these? One is Darkvision and the other Brightvision. I think the difference is the gain. Which one would be suitable for a relatively bright room?

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Any comments on these ones?

Any one has experience with these? One is Darkvision and the other Brightvision. I think the difference is the gain. Which one would be suitable for a relatively bright room?

I was looking at those recently. Can't remember where I found some reviews, but they didn't come out well. I would avoid.

For a UST projector I thought you needed a screen suitable for the way they project ie upwards. Not just any ALR screen. They have a specific shape to bounce the light forward.

Like this:

1644429773704.png

jugulator

Standard Member
I was looking at those recently. Can't remember where I found some reviews, but they didn't come out well. I would avoid.

For a UST projector you need a screen suitable for the way they project ie upwards. Not just any ALR screen. They have a specific shape to bounce the light forward.
Thanks for your comments. I am extremely annoyed and surprised that I am unable to find 110" ALR screen on the web to purchase! I have spent a lot of time on this!

stevie0

markymiles

Distinguished Member
These seem to be well reviewed. Seen a couple of people commenting on them. They do a UST version

jugulator

Standard Member
Not sure if this fits the bill, but it looks a decent price:

Thank you.! Looks good price. However I am looking for a 110". I actually wanted a 120" but the ceiling is not high enough to fit that. Hence, came compromised for 110 :)

jugulator

Standard Member
These seem to be well reviewed. Seen a couple of people commenting on them. They do a UST version

Thanks! I did see this as well. But again, no buying options. Looks like you have to send them an email and enquire etc to purchase?

markymiles

Distinguished Member
Yeah I sent them an email for a quote. Unfortunately for my needs they couldn't send over 3m electric screen. But fixed frame will be fine.

stevie0

Thank you.! Looks good price. However I am looking for a 110". I actually wanted a 120" but the ceiling is not high enough to fit that. Hence, came compromised for 110 :)
Have you tried Amazon ?
Amazon product

Wilkeh

Hey mate, did you have any joy finding a 110" ALR screen for UST's? I'm in the exact same boat. There's loads of 100 and 120 but I don't want that size 😂

jugulator

Standard Member
Hi,
No. I didn't find a 110". So I went for the 120" and decided to live with the black bars on the sides and bottom. Its not too bad really. Especially when you are watching movies, there would be black bars top and bottom anyway. I am investigating how to bring the projector down a bit without not having to change the my media cabinet :)

Jester1066

Hey mate, did you have any joy finding a 110" ALR screen for UST's? I'm in the exact same boat. There's loads of 100 and 120 but I don't want that size 😂
Vividstorm do 110" screens.

I had a very good live chat conversation with these (who sell Vividstorm screens):

They should be able to help

Wilkeh

Hi,
No. I didn't find a 110". So I went for the 120" and decided to live with the black bars on the sides and bottom. Its not too bad really. Especially when you are watching movies, there would be black bars top and bottom anyway. I am investigating how to bring the projector down a bit without not having to change the my media cabinet :)
Got any photos mate? 120" is just slightly too big for the space, 110" would have been the sweet spot. It looks like I might have to settle with 100" 😭 First world problems haha

Wilkeh

Vividstorm do 110" screens.

I had a very good live chat conversation with these (who sell Vividstorm screens):

They should be able to help
Oh brilliant thanks mate! I'll give these a whirl definitely 😎

Jester1066

Got any photos mate? 120" is just slightly too big for the space, 110" would have been the sweet spot. It looks like I might have to settle with 100" 😭 First world problems haha
See my reply above!

Edit: you have!

Just tell the guys through live chat exactly what size, type (eg ALR, AT etc). They should be able to suggest a screen. Maybe even to a custom order. Also mention the projector you have to them.

jugulator

Standard Member
See the pictures. You can see a strip of black area on the bottom and either side. Second image is what I was talking about when watching movies. Doesn't make a difference.

Attachments

• PXL_20220226_125956131.jpg
    PXL_20220226_125956131.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 61
  • PXL_20220226_111109064.jpg
    PXL_20220226_111109064.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 60

turnpike

Standard Member
I've been projecting onto a wall at exactly 110" and want a UST ALR/CLR screen now. Same issue, elitescreens don't do the CLR UST at that size. I certainly don't want to go smaller. Anyone ever regretted being bigger? ;-) I could get 120 in easy enough but we only sit about 3.2m away. Then again I don't want to have to get a new screen if we moved. I suppose they just sell more 100 or 120 so there isn't the demand to make the inbetween.

Last edited:

jamesl01

XY screens will do custom sizes for anyone that’s looking larger than 100, but smaller than 120 inches. They made my screen which is 105 inches.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand