1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help! Looking 4 a Cinema showing Star Wars EP2 in DTS

Discussion in 'Star Wars Movies Forum' started by Samir, May 9, 2002.

1. Samir

Samir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Now that people are begining to get Star Wars fever I wonder if any of you people could help me.
    I'm looking for a cinema that will be showing Star Wars EP2 in DTS or Sony SDDS in the london area.
    Haven't seen EP2 yet and I can't wait for EP3 already, this is when it really kicks off.:)
    Thanks Samir

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best thing to do is have a word with a member of staff at the cinema who will probably ask the projectionist.

A lot of films come out as 'quad prints' which means that the film has all 3 digital soundtracks and the analoge dolby sr track on the same piece of film, so the cinema will then select which soundtrack to play the film with depending on the cinema processor(s) that they have installed.

I would check out the cinemas in the west end as a lot of them have 2 or 3 formats available per screen.

The Warner West End I think has all 3 formats available on the THX screens 5 & 7 and the chances are that EP II will end up there after its run in the Odeon.

The Odeon Leicester Square has all 3 formats available in the main screen.

Odeon West End has at least 2 formats available although I cannot remember which.

Another point to note is that most West End cinemas will also have Dolby EX also.

Local cinemas may or may not have EX although the Dolby web site should be able to tell you which cinemas have EX.

3. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    best place to see it is Warner Brothers Star City Birmingham. see it in DLP (Digital Light Projection) it like watching a DVD on a 80 foot screen!!! I'm not even sure that it is in DTS - but whatever the sound was it was awesome.

Garyd

4. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Our local UCI multiplex includes a large screen with DTS sound system.....but they usually have the wrong bloody soundtrack manually selected, so whenever I watch a film there it is output in mono. Bloody idiots!

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    West India Quay UGC at Canary Wharf had it on screen 10 (THX) in DTS last Thursday. Sounded great! Sound easily compared to the Odeon Leicester Sq where I saw TPM last time. I need to check out the DLP though!

6. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Wow, "Clones" in DTS at Canary Warf! I should check it out one evening after work! I'm at Morgan Stanley, 20 Cabot Square.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only screen 10 is THX though.