help locating Kodak DX series accessories

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by mike_cummi, Sep 24, 2004.

1. mike_cummi

mike_cummi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I have the Kodak DX4530 and have ordered a load of lenses off Dabs.com. Only problem is you need an adapter to use the lenses and dabs are out of stock. I ordered from them about 6 weeks ago and they gave a date of 16/9, and then on the 17/9 they changed status to "in constraint" which basically means they have no idea when it'll be available. There are several US websites that have the adapter I need in stock but none will ship to UK. I really need this before I go on Hols in 3 weeks and so if anyone knows a likely source I would be very grateful for their recommendation.

The adapter is kodak item code 8776585 and fits both the DX4530 and DX4330. :lease:

2. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,960
    Just enter the part number into Google & follow the results.

3. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My first digital camera was a Kodak. It took some great pictures. I thought I'd treat myself to a set of add on lenses for it. Kodak were selling direct then and had a kit on a special offer. Wide, tele and closeup lens set with a mount/adaptor thing.
    They looked good but worked truly awful. The distortion on the wide lens was huge and the tele was blurred and had lots of CA (chromatic abberation). Only the close up lenses worked well.
    I rejected the set as unfit and Kodak did not argue and refunded me. I hope your lenses are better quality once you manage to mount them.

4. Tick Tock man

Tick Tock man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info guys. Have now located everything on Amazon and it's all in stock and cheaper than DABS too. Looked on Amazon before but could find no trace of them last time for some reason.

Rob P - I think (or hope) that things have improved with the current range of lenses. Of course, they're not going to be as good as lenses you would use with an SLR but I've seen some reviews of the kit which have been pretty positive over all. I suppose it depends on what your expectations are - I'm not exactly really into photography and so may not notice half the things you mention. Just looking for something to add a bit more flexibility to my camera.

One more question though which I hope you can answer. My camera has 3X optical zoom and I am assuming that in conjunction with the 2X telephoto mounted I will then have up to 6X optical zoom? Can't find any info on the web about whether or not you can still use the onboard zoom when the telephoto lense is mounted, but am assuming you can as there wouldn't be a lot of point, or perhaps I am missing something.

Thanks for your help,

Mike.

5. RobertP

RobertP
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The set I had were so bad anyone would notice - 'into' photography or not.

Based on what I had - yes the zoom works as usual x the factor of the add on lens. High optical zoom may need a tripod to get a shake free shot.
    The wide angle may have some vignetting (dark corners to the picture) at full zoom out. Well.....the blurrs in the corners were dark on the set I had :laugh: