Quantcast

Help! Limited space for side speakers..

simonph

Standard Member
Hi all,
My brain hurts from going round in circles with this problem and am hoping someone has a solution!
We upgraded our TV and I also purchased a larger pair of side speakers. Problem is, there is limited space either side. I considered brackets but am not confident about the condition of the walls when giving them a knock. Ideally, I would choose floor stands but as you can see from pics there is very little space on the side where the hearth is. Wondered if there was a bracket I could screw into the TV stand but not overly confident in the thickness of the wood.

Losing the will to live with it! Help!

Attachments

gibbsy

What do you mean by side speakers, if it is those in the photographs then they are fronts and perhaps you should edit the post and it's title. Side speakers are usually associated with surround sound systems correctly termed as surrounds and rear surrounds in a 7.1 set up. What you have in your photograph is, unless you do indeed have surrounds, is a 3.0 speaker layout.

They certainly need to be put on stands. The stands will take up the same footprint as the current speakers you have on the floor. Plenty available from the likes of Atacama that make for a solid product that will suit your positioning and the speakers. They certainly don't have to be level with the cabinet and it may make more sense to bring them into the room somewhat.

In their current position you could dispense with the centre channel, it's positioning is poor having a box within a box and sitting on top of the Marantz.

simonph

Standard Member
Trying to take away the positives from your reply but am struggling. Thank you for the re-education re my terminology. I thought that by attaching pics of the speakers I may illustrate the limited space with which I have to work but it appears not. I shall have a look at Atacama and see if they do stands that accommodate a hearth. Thanks!

gibbsy

Sorry I missed the hearth stone under the right hand speaker, that is something of a problem and is seriously going limit your stand options. That means, basically that your TV is the left hand corner of the room. No matter what speaker positioning to take up the distance between the two is going to be limited because of the angle needed to the seating area.

Can you post a diagram of your room, with it's current seating position and if you would be willing to the move the TV to a better location.

There is a good quality wall bracket on the market that is easy to manipulate if you are able to drill into the wall. The adjustment on it would be able to take the right speaker clear of the fire grate. It's held in place by three substantial bolt type screws and has a lot of adjustment available and are capable of holding heavy speakers.

Top Bottom