HELP, LG OLED C1

SteBowker

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Currently have an LG OLED 48 C1 that’s faulty and going through an LG warranty claim however need receipt to process and unfortunately I don’t have one through buying from eBay.

Bloody line going through screen.

Any one know how to proceed or offer any suggestions, I heard LG warranty was good, can’t say I’ve recieved same experience.

Steve.

Last edited:
Would not that be fraud?

Yep, sounds like fraud to me.

If you submit a receipt with personal details covered up then I would imagine they won't accept it, anyway.

Would not that be fraud?
Not sure buddy, I bought a C1 off eBay about 3 months ago, worked brilliant till a couple of days ago there’s a line in the middle of the screen. I bought 2nd hand but brand new or it appeared to be off eBay so don’t have receipt. I contacted LG and the advisor kindly put it through for me even without receipt and she said it’s sounds like a panel issue. My manufacture date was 12/12 so the tv just gone 4 months old however I got another text off LG even though they have collected and received at repair centre that I need to upload proof of purchase in order for repair to proceed.

I’ve attached text message, thought everything had been approved and was been repaired as we speak but not they have sent below.

Attachments

• BDC8E088-1EC2-413E-9D9C-EEB2387BFF2A.jpeg
    BDC8E088-1EC2-413E-9D9C-EEB2387BFF2A.jpeg
    215.7 KB · Views: 166
Not sure buddy, I bought a C1 off eBay about 3 months ago, worked brilliant till a couple of days ago there’s a line in the middle of the screen. I bought 2nd hand but brand new or it appeared to be off eBay so don’t have receipt. I contacted LG and the advisor kindly put it through for me even without receipt and she said it’s sounds like a panel issue. My manufacture date was 12/12 so the tv just gone 4 months old however I got another text off LG even though they have collected and received at repair centre that I need to upload proof of purchase in order for repair to proceed.
You've edited your first post, I assume to remove any reference to your original request. But as you weren't using someone else's receipt and your repair has been accepted. If the practice of not providing the purchasers details on receipt was accepted by manufacturer's then it would be open to all kinds of fraudulent abuse..

Agreed, just not sure what I can do next, I can’t believe LG, it’s 4 months into its standard 12 month warranty and clearly a panel defect through no fault of my own. They are threatening to send set back unrepaired

A manufacturer isn't going to honour a warranty without proof of purchase - if this isn't done when you register the warranty with the manufacturer after you've bought it, then it would be at the point of any claim - as you're finding now.

Why don't you have a proper receipt ? Was it bought second-hand from an individual on eBay rather than an online retailer ? Any legitimate retailer should provide you with a receipt.

Bought open box off eBay seller, think
I’ve learnt hard way tbh mate. Should of bought off retailer mind very good price at the time.

I’ve asked eBay seller months ago for receipt and hasn’t got back to me.

Apparently can’t touch the set without a receipt which I find unacceptable since it’s not even 4 months old, surely they have a responsibility to offer some kind of resolution. It’s a 2021 OLED for god sake. The standard 1 year warranty that’s it’s 4 months into

I have no idea if warranty would be void if buying 2nd hand as that's effectively what I've bought. It appeared brand new when arrived, just looked like a customer return. I paid £699.99 for it off ebay just before Christmas. Would warranty still be active if i bought this way?

If I send them an eBay invoice should that be accepted?

Thanks for the help guys. I Paid by debit card.

Steve.

I have no idea if warranty would be void if buying 2nd hand as that's effectively what I've bought. It appeared brand new when arrived, just looked like a customer return. I paid £699.99 for it off ebay just before Christmas. Would warranty still be active if i bought this way?

If I send them an eBay invoice should that be accepted?

Thanks for the help guys. I Paid by debit card.

Steve.
LG 12 month TV warranties are non transferable. They apply to the original purchaser only, so 2nd hand purchases are not covered.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom