Help LE32D403E2W

Mro2011

Novice Member
Reaction score
Help!!! Did service menu trick (info, menu, mute, power) because I was seeing if I could connect BT headphones to TV. Clicked BT upgrade (thinking that was it) and now picture is upside down and a funny colour. Help!!!! I am in UK. How do I fix it or put it back.

Type no. LE32D403

Just tried downloading to USB stick newest firmware I could find for it and I've plugged in USB stick to TV and it just keeps rebooting TV? Did this to fix it.

Took USB stick out and turned off and now just keeps rebooting??? Some help please.

I doubt there is any help to give. Connecting BT devices to a Samsung is in normal menus. If you have no idea what is in the service level menus you shouldn't go in there at all. Those service settings are not affected by firmware. They are set at the factory depending where the TV is going.

Did you try going straight back to the setting and putting it back?

I have a feeling you 'upgraded' the colour space.

Anyway try posting this in the Samsung or TV sections you never know.

It went upside down (picture) and a funny colour like when a HDMI or Scart connection is broken or not connected properly (that was before I tried to update firmware tho). I did the firmware hoping it would fix it. I pressed select on BT upgrade (thinking this was to do with Bluetooth). I have also posted on Samsung section.

I understood what you did but my point was merely that to connect a Bluetooth device to a TV will only ever be in the menus the user has been provided.

IIRC most (all?) Samsungs have Bluetooth for keyboards and mice. They don't have audio Bluetooth built in. Usually you need to use a fitted physical output for audio to feed a device with the Bluetooth audio transmission capability in it, then your Bluetooth audio headphones will connect to that.

The TV is pretty basic and I can't see it has any Bluetooth capability built in at all

SAMSUNG LE32D403E2W USER MANUAL Pdf Download.

It has a headphone jack and that is where they expect you to extract audio from if you don't use the built in speakers.

If it isn't possible in the user menus then a user shouldn't be heading into any level of service menus looking for something that might work. Failry often TVs are bricked by users doing that - from memory even Samsung service centres don't have the settings to feed back in sat around waiting for your TV to turn up. Warranties used to state if you went in to those menus the warranty was void but nowadays you can usually go in and look at say panel time and get out without voiding the warranty. There is a counter (usually in the next level service menu up that you definitely can't or shouldn't see) that tells them how many times the service menus are accessed and what was changed. Changing something voids warranty and voids their obligation to fix the fault, and if the TV is outside warranty it still voids their obligation to do anything to help you at all.

As I said I am pretty sure you were fiddling with the colour space

Rec. 709 - Wikipedia

The abbreviation of BT for Bluetooth may be in common use but it isn't really a formal one. It wouldn't appear in a user TV menu I am sure

I completely understand what you have said but I do feel as tho I am being told off like a naughty child in your reply. I made a mistake pretty sure most people do and no one is perfect and I was asking for help not a telling off.

I saw a clip on YouTube where someone did the same as I did on a Samsung TV and the Bluetooth option then worked (before they did this it was greyed out or not visible/available). I thought I would try it instead of getting a Bluetooth sender online that might not work or a headphone extension cable. I wish I just did that now but like I said I made a mistake and I was hoping people would be helpful here to give me some knowledge or help how to fix the TV that is all.

The TV is at least 2 years old so no warranty or voiding it worry. I have called Samsung who's English was awful and couldn't understand mine just to be given a local repair centre that I will take it to tomorrow. I will pay there for my mistake but as it is my fault I understand this.

I am sure others have made the same mistake and I just hoped someone could of helped me here on how to fix it. After I did the menu thing it was still working but petrol in water colour and everything was upside down. It was not till I downloaded the upgrade firmware (from Samsung) and put it on a USB stick and turned off TV then put USB stick in that's when it got stuck at Samsung on screen and kept rebooting so I don't think the two are connected. Thanks tho!

Also I am pretty sure there are posts here telling people to go to that menu to get USB stick to work with films and photos...

No intention of telling you off :) like the use of BT to mean Bluetooth being common and easily misunderstood, many people post things that advise ways of doing lots of things using a TV service menu. Not too long ago the people giving that advice would always add that entering those menus is at the users risk and changing anything in there can brick the TV. Now they don't and many many users are not aware of the risks before they give it a go. I'm old school so I tend to ensure that message is loud and clear in replies - it isn't just you as the OP that reads the advice on the forums so if I can get that message out there occasionally it might help somebody else before they do it. :smashin:

I hope Samsung can help but be aware that the cost of help may exceed the value of the TV. Good luck :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom