Help! LCD bying advice SD/360

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by turbohat, May 7, 2007.

Tags:
  1. turbohat

turbohat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Help! I'm considering getting a HD TV, primarily for the XBox360 (and also Wii). (to replace my 8 yr old 28in Wega) I have about 600 DVDs so won't be going HD-DVD or BR, but will be buying an upscaling DVD player.

I have Sky, but Sky HD is horribly expensive atm, so main viewing for a while will be Sky SD broadcasts. I have Sky Sports so would 100Hz be important?
    Size is an issue, 32 is the preferred size, but a 37 with a small 'width footprint' might be do-able. Price is also a big, big factor.

So far I've been considering the Toshiba 3030 range (I can afford a 37 as it's £650 ish online), or the older Toshiba's (WLT68 has the 100Hz option but are expensive), or the Samsung models as they look good in the 360 demo pods!
    It's very, very tricky trying to choose and getting me very stressed, so any helpful comments would be very welcome.

Thanks!!!!

2. Br0ken

Br0ken

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,314
    I'll have the same use as you (almost), i'll be viewind SD, Freeview and Xbox360, and i've opted to buy the Samsung le32r88 or r87 (only cosmetic differences), they're both nice. Just looking for the best price.

I did consider the Toshiba c3030 but felt the samsung to have a better picture quality after viewing them both in the real. If you're watcing a lot of sport then people have said 100Mhz screen rate does make a notable difference.