HELP - Laptop Dyed Pink Due to Bag?

vipergrm

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Ok, this is a little bit strange, but the outside of my white laptop, especially the top, is clearly going pink. This is because of the red material inside my laptop bag. I only recently noticed this but seems to be getting more obvious. To ensure it wasn't just me, I asked a number of people what colour it was and every one of them said pink!

I am unsure what to do about it. Should I contact the seller of the bag which was bought from Amazon?

Is there some kind of special cleaning cloth I can get that will remove this colour?

The laptop is only a few months old an retails for around £600 (White Lenovo 510S) so it will severely impact and resale value. Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

I haven't had this issue, but I've know of a few who claim to have had success with Mr. Clean MagicErasers. Since this is a microscopically abrasive technique it might take some shine away if the exterior is shiny.

A few considerations. I would never spray any chemical directly on the computer. If the manufacturer states it is safe, I would sparingly put cleaners on a soft cloth to wipe it down.Screens and ports are especially prone to damage from some types of chemicals.

Recommendations I have come across usually only allow either dusting or wiping down with a damp cloth.

It's your call as to if you want to pursue a refund on the bag. If you can't use it, this would surely be a consideration.

Best of luck to you!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom