1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP...Lamp for Sony vw10ht

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jinxybbc, May 10, 2002.

1. Jinxybbc

Jinxybbc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My Sony vpl-vw10ht projector is 15months old with a lamp that has just decided to flicker and pack-up ! just when all the kids were round for the Harry Potter showing & only 409hrs on the clock....
    1, Is this lamp the same as the Sony vpl-vw11ht ?
    2, Has anyone had this problem and contacted Sony for a free replacement( 4 ever hopeful)?
    3, Any ideas on the best/cheapest place to buy one ?
    4,All help would be appreciated..thks.

2. ATUL

ATUL
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you have mail.

Atul.

3. Metric

Metric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My 10ht died at about 6mths old with 49hrs on the bulb. Sony lost the unit, accused me of removing the lamp and not sending it with the projector, messed me about no knowing what the problem was and when they finally looked at it found it to be a simple dead bulb. I guess, they didnt have to replace it, although merchantable quality springs to mind. Took them a further 2mths to locate a bulb.

3mths later, 3mths lost warranty, and 3mths of snotty emails from them to me, i finally got my projector back.

So will sony replace your lamp? doubt it.