Help! Kuro PDP-LX5080 Red blinking lights!

SeanB88

Established Member
Reaction score
Two days before Christmas half way through MOTD and the screen makes a funny chirp noise, turns off and I'm left with a blinking red light (x2 blinks). :(

It's under warranty so no worries there (fingers crossed) but any ideas what it can be? And how long to repair – is it a house visit or a send away? (Please, its Christmas!)

Thanks in advance

:lease:

Last edited:
is the TV running too hot? make sure no radiator is next to it or something blocking vent holes

otherwise it could be that the internal protective circuit may have activated. if so manual says unplug from wall for a couple of minutes then replug and see if it works again

if this doesn't work then you need to contact Pioneer

good luck

is the TV running too hot? make sure no radiator is next to it or something blocking vent holes

otherwise it could be that the internal protective circuit may have activated. if so manual says unplug from wall for a couple of minutes then replug and see if it works again

if this doesn't work then you need to contact Pioneer

good luck

Yeah tried that. Unplugged and turned back on – it attempted to power on with blue power light as normal but then returned to x2 red blinking lights.

I really want to know what that code is.

Quick update less than 24hrs later.

Phoned Pioneer today and then their service centre phoned me. They are coming out tomorrow to fix on site.

Possible cause is either a power failure or video processing board. So at least they know - fingers crossed.

good luck and nice to see you got prompt service. hopefully it will all be fixed before xmas

Amazing! It’s been fixed on site. So big thumbs up to Pioneer UK Customer Service and Yorkshire Multi-Media Services for very quick response.

Happy Christmas

It was the power board which needed to be replaced.

:thumbsup:

i guess you were on Santa's good list

merry xmas

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom