Help !!! Kef KHT 1005 subwoofer settings

wesley99

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have recently purchased the KHT 1005 surround sound set and would like to know what I should set the Input Level, Crossover Frequency & Phase Adjust to as the standard setting on the PSW1000.2 subwoofer.

The speakers are fed by an Onkyo 605 AV receiver.

Any help appreciated

Moved to subwoofers :smashin:

Ditto! Same amp, same speakers, would also be grateful of advice on Sub settings. Many thanks!

there is no 'standard' setting, technically speaking you should look at the frequency response of your satellites and set the sub to where the cut off point is - however things like amp set up and speaker positioning all play a part. I would listen to a song and film you are fond of and adjust both levels until you are happy with the sound produced at the end of the day it is all about how YOU like to listen to your music/films.:)

there is no 'standard' setting, technically speaking you should look at the frequency response of your satellites and set the sub to where the cut off point is - however things like amp set up and speaker positioning all play a part. I would listen to a song and film you are fond of and adjust both levels until you are happy with the sound produced at the end of the day it is all about how YOU like to listen to your music/films.:)

Does anyone else have the KEF 1005 system and could recommend a decent starting point?

I find that the line in about 1/3 up and the crossover about mid-way - that is a 'natural' bass increase the line in for increased boomyness.

According to the KEF website advice you should set the sub to max crossover

If your amp has a configurable crossover frequency you should then set the amps crossover 30-40Hz above the roll off for the satellite speakers
This frequency should be in the manuals for the 1005, well it was for my 2005's

The 2005 roll off frequency is 80hz, I have my amp set to 120hz, which means all frequency below 120hz is handled by the sub

when i ad this setup i had the crossover on the amp at 120hz, upto the top on the sub,

as for volume i think i had mine around 1/4 bfore it was to boomy for me.

as i side note, i loved the speakers, however the sub lets go too easy best thing i done was replaced the kef sub for the mordaunt short 309 one running the same speakers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom