Help KDL40D3500 Scart problem, banding interference and occasional green tinge!!!!

leah12

Standard Member
Reaction score
Problem
When I watch a DVD through the Sony KDL40D3500 LCD TV I get sweeping interference from left to right, I can sometimes see a shadow of a television signal, and I also get an occasional green tinge shadow now and again. The strange thing is, when I have the DVD HD on tv signal I can not see any interference at all???

Set up
I have a Scart lead connecting from the TV into a DVD HD recorder, and an optical lead from the DVD HD to an amplifier. It makes no difference if I connect the DVD HD into scart port 1 or 2.
(I have no sky box, or digi box, and have moved the wireless modem router to across the room).
(I have also changed scart leads too which made no difference either).

History
I bought a KDL40D3500 in April 2008 and have had slight problems with it for ages. Sony told me the problem was my DVD player, so when I could I got a new one, the problem however still persists. I have already spent £45 trying to repair a DVD player, and now, as TV out of warranty they want me to spend more money sorting out a problem that has probably been there from day one!!

Can anyone help me with this, as I am very annoyed at Sony's flippant attitude, and certainly will never buy their products again, or recommend them.

Many thanks to anyone who tries.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom