1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help, just seting up my 9976, what else do i need for my dvd player

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by clarkem1, Apr 1, 2005.

1. clarkem1

clarkem1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    pleased with tv, but just trying to link dvd player, has progressive scan, have hooked this up via dvi input, and set dvd to progressive, is this correct or do i set dvd player to interlaced?. What do i need to set the tv up as and should it be showing as 576p, one more question, does dvi need to be set to dvd or hd?
    Also, do i need to do anything else for the sound side of things, sorry about the questions, hope somebody can help, just trying to get best out of tv.
    ps should it be set to progresive scan, or pixel plus?

Thanks in anticipation

2. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    OK clerkem1,

You've connected the DVD player up via a component cable through the adapter and into the TV. Set the DVD player to Progressive Scan and run a DVD. Just select DVI on the TV and it should all work. 576p is correct. Set the picture to Movie Plus for best results.

For audio, you need to connect a standard stereo phono lead from the DVD's output to the TV's phono input. Un less you have a Cinema System...but that's a whole other story.

3. clarkem1

clarkem1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, yes i do have a "home cinema system", I presume there are diferent ways of conecting this then?ps
    do you get lip synch problems on lcd tv's of sky broadcasts?