1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help..JS RGB TO VGA BOX

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by swellmel, Apr 12, 2005.

1. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    can anyone help purchased rgb to vga convertor but cannot get picture from xbox..setup is as follows freeview box with scarts out and vcr,scart cable from output connected to vga convertor,xbox connected via rgb scart cable to vcr scart on freeview box,freeview works fine but when i switch xbox on sound is fine but no picture on screen any help much appreciated

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    i would imagine that the vcr scart is not allowing rgb pass through....i bet connecting xbox direct to js will work

3. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes connect directly to convertor it works,how disapointing it wont when connected to freeeview as that was the all point,i suppose i could connect freeview to my scart board and xbox via convertor but then i would lose pq from freeview any suggestions

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    why not xbox to scart board?...but you could buy a scart splitter and plug that into the js and then just toggle between the two

5. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    may seem stupid but could you explain the scart splitter option a little more

6. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    something like this

plug fv and xbox into it and the scart out from the splitter into the js box

7. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanks i did just that and now can switch between freeview and xbox however sound from freeview is fine but no sound from xbox,can you help again

8. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    sound from xbox needs to be either optical to amp...or stereo out through the scart switcher...what sound options does your xbox cable have?

9. swellmel

swellmel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    many thanks for your help,i purchased a xbox rgb cable which included a optical cable however i do not have an amp,but from your reply i seem to have a scart withcher somewhere is it the one with the switch on the front that ssays input/output is that the one i can use

10. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    not sure which switcher you have but normally the audio is next to the scart input on the rear and the ones on the front are for a seperate composite input for yellow (vid) and red white for sound. SO if scart goes to av2 on back sound must too. but if you get right lead...i.e. rgb with seperate rca audio output you could connectthem to the js