1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help!! Jerky video playback!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by DEANO-B, Apr 5, 2005.

1. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've got a AMD 64 3.0 939, 1 gig cossair mem, and a ATI 9600SE GFX card. This is going to a Panny AE700 projector with a 100" screen through a standard monitor cable. My problem is not jerky video playback through DVD sources or sources that have been ripped properly, but sources that have dropped frames. I have downloaded an episode of Star Trek Enterprise (which I missed on Sky 1), and Desperate Housewifes (also missed) which jerk due to dropped frames. Playing them back through zoom player and pressing the info button shows actual frames and listed frames being different. A friend of mine has an 'All In Wonder' GFX card and with the same sources (ST Ent. & Desperate Housewifes) has no such problems. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on my problem!! Is the GFX card to blame - or is it a software/config problem?

Many Thanx

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    To be honest I don't quite see how they can play smoothly at all if they've got dropped frames within the source file. Are you sure the frame counts differ on your friend's PC as well?

How are you playing them?

3. DEANO-B

DEANO-B
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Same source material as I put them on a CD. I was a bit doubtfull myself to be honest until I went down to his house and saw it myself. Going to try his GFX card in my PC tonight.