1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help - I've destroyed picture quality on my 36ZP48

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by BrianPK, Jan 17, 2005.

1. BrianPK

BrianPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    In an act of gross stupidity, I entered the service menu of my 36ZP48 TV in order to adjust the slightest of vertical bowing on my 4:3 picture. This is so slight that I ignored it for two months, but I had a rush of blood to the head tonight and decided I would make it 100% perfect. In my ignorance, I thought that the only setting I need write down was the RCUT 0410H 40H 01000000B and I merrily, like a bull in a china shop, changed a lot of the other settings. In my panic trying to get back to the original picture settings I have totally destroyed the picture, both geometry and colour.

Will somebody please reply to me and let me know the 23 other factory settings. Thanks a million for all the trouble you will have to go to. I am desperate.

2. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    The factory settings differ from set to set, so getting someone else's won't really help. You may have to shell out for a man with a service manual and some expertise.........

3. sparticus

sparticus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    dont panic
    Ive played with mine a fair bit but before i did i downloaded someone elses settings and mine were identical so id guess most sets will not be much different in practice. hope i can attach these for you.

Attached Files:

4. BrianPK

BrianPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Thanks Nigel and especially Sparticus. I put your settings in and the picture quality is excellent again. I still have to do a little fine-tuning on the 4:3 bowing but at least I am almost back to where I was and that dreadful panic is over. I can't understand why I was so careless last night because I'm normally very cautious; I can only put it down to still being shell-shocked after Gloucester imploded against Stade Francais in the Heineken cup yesterday afternoon. Thanks a million again.

5. L00py^

L00py^
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Glad to hear you nearly fixed it back to normal :smashin:

6. BrianPK

BrianPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Eureka! Not only am I back to normal, but I have eliminated the very slight vertical bowing on the 4:3 picture. I feel very smug and pleased with myself right now, but I can assure you that, at 3 o'clock this morning, with the perspiration flowing off me with worry, I wasn't at all pleased with myself as I thought I had destroyed my pride and joy or at least it would cost me hundreds to get repaired. Thanks a million again. BrianPK.

7. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,909
    Glad you got it sorted. Salutory lesson for all here, somewhere....

8. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Glad you got it sorted.
    I did a very simular thing on my old sony 36" fs76u. I acidently reset to factory default in the picture menu in service mode and every thing went a tinge of blue :eek:
    Fortunatly I was quite friendly with the shop I bought it from and they let me copy the settings from their display model.
    The moral is.
    Write every thing down! :D

9. BrianPK

BrianPK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +200
    Hi again,

I noticed when trying to fix my geometry problem that of the 24 settings in the service menu, 12 are for the geometry and 12 are for picture quality. All of the former reacted to my adjustments, but of the latter I was unable to detect any visible response on screen for SRY (black-level r-y axis), SBY (black-level b-y axis), COLS (colour level), COLP (subcolour), SCNT (subcontrast), OPT3 ( :confused: ). Can anyone tell me what these are for and what I should look out for on the screen? I have noticed that they seem to be almost identical in different Tosh 48/46 sets. Are they just extremely subtle adjustments?

Regards,

BrianPK