1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help,Ive buggerd up 2 loewe dvd players in one morning.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SKA.face, Nov 16, 2003.

1. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I've this morning managed to muck up 2 loewe xemix dvd players.

I was intending to only try to hack one of the players,the original 3 years old player,i tried to my great regret the "play 159" phillips hack and the 274 loewe hack,which i believe has 25x to do the change,well each time it ended wrong,and couldn't get back to how it was originaly,i got region 1,but as a phillips player not loewe, no DD sound,so i tried again,but ended up losing the picture completly,and now the player refuses to allow me to get to ther codes and just stays on "NO DISC" great!!so im stuck to un-bug it.

Then to my absolute horror,without realizing it,my newer loewe which was underneath the older loewe pick up the signals from the remote control,and when i put in a region 2 disc it said wrong region,god i was p*****d ,so i tried to rehack it,it froze,and now when i put in a disc the transport just makes a clunky noise!!great could it ger worse.

Before i tried the simplier 3inone R/C but even though it should, or says it should work,loewe,panasonic,phillips only the TV would work,not the sat reciever,nor dvd players.

So any suggetions?anyway of sorting it out?big exspense? I'd like to repair the new loewe as it matches the loewe TV,but you can get new pioneers toshiba for 130Euros.

Anythings/input would be greatly appreciated,if it makes sense what i have written! thanks.

2. loadsofleads

loadsofleads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LOL, sorry to laugh but you gotta haven't you :rotfl:

You are a :clown:

3. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Contact Loewe free on 08000 276465 or e-mail helpline@loewetv.co.uk or take them to the dealer who supplied them ( if local ).
    Hopefully a quick fix by running a firmware revision disc or restoring factory default settings. :cool:

4. Badger

Badger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    try leaving them unplugged from the mains for a few hours then see if they are better - I did something similar with my Yamaha S520 (also based on a philips player) and this helped

Phil

5. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Yeah pretty amusing isn't it,wasn't at the time though.:blush:

6. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well i managed to get the older Loewe working again,using ther oneforall remote,it's now set to region1 got a picture,but the onboard DD decorders arnt working and it still shows as a phillips player,I've read the usage of the oneforall remote,using magic 085 222 222 005 225 code will make the player region free,i tried this but i doesnt seem to responde,any other loewe users out there who have hacked this player?

The other Loewe is back in the loewe service center,where it getting a check over.

7. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    Update ?

8. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The update to help (sorry for delay.)

My original Loewe xemix finally responded to the oneforall remote hack,which was 085magic-222 222 003 225,but the screensaver is now Phillips and the menu is for Phillips.All aspects of the player work,it plays region 1 and 2 perfectly, sound is fine and all functions work well,but it wasn't worth it!!

The second one,like I said to my horror picked up the signal from the oneforall,and didn't like it,transport started to make a funny clicking noise,went back to the ofical service centre where service was dire!!(spain)To be told it was unrepairable.So all in all ,the whole hack idea was a complete waste of time,and a loss of one player.I think loewe service here was quite poor (repair/turnaround) and build quality left a lot to be desired.