HELP ! its BLOWN UP!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by coxy, Jan 7, 2003.

1. coxy

coxy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My SONY STRDB925 stopped & emitted a puff of blue smoke. It's 4 years old & I paid £500 for it . Should I try & get it repaired or buy something new. I have a 4 YEAR OLD SONY DVPS715 DVD/CD player, MISSION 735i front speakers, MISSION 70C2 centre speaker and KENWOOD RS550 rears. Money is of course a little short right now and I would appreciate some advice to get the best solution.

thanks in anticipation!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    Phone your insurance company see if they do appliance cover, if they do check you have it and claim for a brand new £500 amp.

3. alextgreen

alextgreen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Insurance is exactly that; recompense in the event of the worst happening. Perfectly legal assuming your policy covers it and you don't blow it up on purpose.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    I have endsleigh cover and accidental damage and appliance cover costs me £15 a year on top. I have £2500 worth of cover. So if you dont have it i would call them and ask quick. basically I would ask it my already be covered. or an option. you never know when a power surge, lightening or pint will knacker a component. thats part of the scam at high street retailer extended warranty, half the time its covered by insurance policies you already hold. Mobie phones and a few others are exceptions but they can usually covered for a higher excess or rise in premium. If you £2000+ pounds of gear i think as much as £100 a year is worth it to protect your investment............But just my humble opinion..........